Speeding is one of the most common infractions of the Highway Code.
There is no single speed limit, but a series of limits that vary according to the type of road traveled, in detail:
- 50 km / h on urban routes;
- 70 km / h on urban roads (but there must be appropriate signs and a specific municipal resolution must have been issued);
- 90 km / h on secondary suburban roads;
- 110 km / h on the main suburban roads;
- 130 km / h on the highway.
What is the tolerance range?
- 5 km / h for exceeding the limits set below 100 km / h;
- 5% more in case of exceeding the limits imposed above 100 km / h.
- In these cases, the fines issued by the electronic systems are to be considered null.
What is the cost of the speeding fine?
- exceeding the limit, no more than 10 km / h: from 41 to 168 euros (from 54.67 to 224 euros if the infringement is detected between 10 pm and 7 am)
- between 10 km / h and 40 km / h: from 168 to 674 euros (from 224 to 898.67 euros if the infringement is detected between 10pm and 7am)
- between 40 km / h and 60 km / h: from 527 to 2,108 euros, together with the suspension of the license from one to three months (from 702.67 to 2,810.67 euros if the infringement is detected between 10 pm and 7 am)
- over 60 km / h: from 821 to 3,287 euros, together with the suspension of the driving license from six to twelve months (from 1,094.67 to 4,382.67 euros if the infringement is detected between 10 pm and 7 am).
How many license points are subtracted?
- no more than 10 km / h, no points are subtracted
- between 10 and 40 km / h, subtracted up to 5 driving license points
- between 40 and 60 km / h, subtracted up to 10 driving license points
- over 60km / h, subtracting 10 driving license points.